Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Traveler's Curse

Some of you may be excited to see the post title - maybe I spoke too soon and one of my classmates did actually get possessed on the summer solstice? Again, no such luck.

Friday night after I blogged, a few people in my group headed out to a Thai restaurant for an early dinner. Biggest mistake so far for me. The vegetarian options on the menu all had oyster sauce and the restaurant employees assured me that they could make the dishes with soy sauce instead, so I decided to give the food a try. The dish I was served, however, had a distinctly non-vegetarian gravy and I've spent the past day and a half with horrible food poisoning. And it wasn't even from the infamous Egyptian water... sigh. Oh well - I learned my lesson and will be even more paranoid about what I order from now on.

I'm sticking to juice and easy foods for now - my appetite is completely gone but luckily my roommate Caity was nice enough to get me some juice boxes while I was in bed yesterday, and I'm hooked on guava juice now! Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment